Thanks for Booking a Class!
Please check your email for your receipt (from “Marks LLC” via PayPal) and a personal message from Terran Marks, the Owner of Brown County Forge, about the day of class.
What to Bring to Class
- Water is recommended especially during the summer. The shop doesn’t have air conditioning and we’re generating even more heat from the forge.
- Snacks are good, too if you’re not used to swinging a hammer for long periods.
What to Wear
- Clothes should be made of all-natural fibers. This includes jeans, cotton, wool, etc. No polyester fleece or nylon. They melt when they come into contact with heat. This can be disastrous.
- Closed-toe shoes or boots ideally made out of leather or canvas. Work boots, Chuck Taylors, and similar types of shoes all work great.
What is Provided?
- All safety equipment. This includes ear protection, eye protection, and gloves if needed.
- All forging equipment. Each student will have their own anvil and tools to use.
- I will have a standard release of liability/accident waiver for each student to sign before we start forging.
How Do You Get Here?
The shop is located at 611 W. 11th Street in Bloomington, Indiana. If you can find Upland Brewery, you’re almost there! We’re just west of the brewery and behind Blue Heron Woodworking.
Drive through the gate that is to the right-hand side of Blue Heron Woodworking. You will see my Blue Ford Escape parked next to Bay 18.
If you have trouble finding the shop, call us at 812-269-6350.