Fire Pokers – Made by Hand
Fire pokers – one of the oldest tools known to man.
Whether you’re pushing logs around your backyard fire pit or spreading coals in your tent stove, you need a fire poker.
- Each fire poker that comes out of the shop at Brown County Forge is made by hand using a hammer and anvil.
- We heat the steel to almost 2000 degrees and hammer it into shape.
- You have your choice of traditional beeswax finish or a rustproof black finish like the poker below.
Fire Pit Poker
Need a long poker?
We custom make heavy duty fire pit pokers for backyard use.
They can come in a few sizes:
- 36 inch fire pit poker
- 48 inch fire pit poker
- 60 inch fire pit poker
Instead of using 3/8″ square steel, we forge our heavy duty pokers out of 1/2″.
This gives them plenty of strength, but keeps them manageable with both hands.
Request a Quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shipping in the US is always free via the United States Postal Service. If you prefer FedEx or UPS, we can include an estimate in your quote.
Custom Fireplace Tools
Need a fireplace tool set?
We make shovels, rakes, and brooms.
See Our Wood Stove and Camp Stove Pokers
Interested in something a little shorter?
We make fire pokers under 20 inches long with the same twists and scrolls you see above.
They’re available on Etsy.com here:
The wood stove and camp stove pokers can be made with a straight tip or with a slight curve for pulling on logs.
You can see examples of the curved tip below:
Need a Custom Fireplace Tool Set or Custom Fire Poker?
We would be happy to talk with you about it.
Send us a short email with:
- How long you’d like the poker to be.
- Any special features you’d like.
- Your name and approximate US location.
We’ll email you back with a tiered quote based on the fireplace tool’s features.
This tiered quote will provide various options from a simple poker to something more elaborate.