Are there online blacksmithing classes?
There are online blacksmithing classes you can take right now, on your own schedule.
From basic blacksmith startup costs to the fundamentals fo knife making, it’s all available.
Where Can I Learn Blacksmithing Online?
There are two main options out there for picking up blacksmithing:
- Searching through YouTube (which you’ve probably already done).
- Enrolling in a course like the DIY Blacksmithing Course, an in-depth course I filmed and put together.
Searching Through YouTube
- It’s free. All it costs you is your time.
- There are so many different projects you can get a birds-eye view of.
- A step-by-step structure might be lacking in some of the videos.
- Organization might be all over the place.
- You could be dealing with conflicting information.
The DIY Blacksmithing Course!
- It was built with the beginner in mind. You follow video lessons step-by-step until you have a clear idea of what you need to get started, what skills you need to practice, and how to save a lot of money on equipment.
- Well-defined projects explained clearly by a professional blacksmith.
- One inexpensive purchase: $27 for Lifetime Access.
- If you don’t like it you can request a refund within the first 30 Days. No questions asked.
- It’s not free. As mentioned above, there is a cost to it so it might not be for everyone.
- If you don’t like my delivery, my voice, my clothes, you’ll have a hard time with it. 90% of the 55 Lessons are in video format so you’ll be seeing a lot of me.
- You may not be familiar with me. My name is Terran Marks. I’m a professional blacksmith and I run Brown County Forge. Please take some time to read the About page on this site, browse my books on Amazon, or take a deep dive into my first website: DIY Blacksmithing.
What All Do I Get in the DIY Blacksmithing Online Course?
When you sign up you’ll gain access to 55 blacksmithing lessons containing the following:
- Anvil Anatomy
- Anvil Stands
- Rockwell Hardness
- Buying Anvils
- Gas vs. Coal
- Buying vs. Building Forges
- Forging Temp and Color
- Forgemaster Forges
- Majestic Forges
- Lighting Forges
- Fire Pokers
- Shop Safety
- Hammer Types
- Cross Peens
- Hammer Techniques
- Tong Basics
- Tong Techniques
- Buying vs. Making Tongs
- Mild steel vs. High Carbon
- Buying Hammers
- Spark Test
- Finishing Steel
- Buying Metal
- Drawing Out
- Knife Making
- Thinning the Blade
- Basic Costs
- Creating Your Workspace
You can pause and come back to a lesson any time you need to. There’s no expiration date on it.
It’s fully organized with step-by-step lessons to get you up to speed with modern blacksmithing.
Want to save a few hundred dollars on a forge?
The lesson on forges will show you where to go to find the best deal on forges.
Not sure what hammer to use?
We take a deep dive into blacksmithing hammers and what you should look for.
The secret is in the weight of the hammer, but it doesn’t have to be super-heavy.
Where do you buy anvils?
I’ll give you my recommendations on buying anvils under $300 and how to get them shipped directly to you for less than $20.
How to Sign Up:
To sign up, you’ll need your email address and a credit card.
Click on the DIY Blacksmithing Course Gold Package.
Preview some of the lessons if you like.
Have Questions About Online Blacksmithing Classes?
I’m always happy to answer questions about blacksmithing.
The best way to contact me is by email: